Item Event Trigger: On Drop

Ainz Ooal Gown

Question

Hey, its been a while so not used to some of the new features. So want to ask a question regarding the Item On Drop Event Trigger.

I have an item that when I drop it, I want to change a variable. Which works fine when I drop 1 item, however if I drop more than one Item it only triggers then event once, so if I drop 10 items, only 1 of the 10 will trigger.

The event is simple:

Name = SubEvent1

Set Player Variable = Subtract 1

Trigger = None

Parallel = Enabled

Item:

Event Trigger "On Drop" = SubEvent1

Should this be triggering more than once, or am I using this wrong?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I haven't looked at the code but is it a stackable item?
If it is a stackable item, I have a feeling the code execution treats it like ONE drop of X stackable items

If it's not stackable my theory is out the window but hey, figured I'd say something

1 hour ago, AisenArvalis said:

I haven't looked at the code but I is it a stackable item?
If it is a stackable item, I have a feeling the code execution treats it like ONE drop of X stackable items

If it's not stackable my theory is out the window but hey, figured I'd say something

This feature was added to the engine recently and will probably fix the issue https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/pull/2269.

6 hours ago, AisenArvalis said:

I haven't looked at the code but I is it a stackable item?

Yeah its for stackable items. So just say I have 10 apples (stacked, as this works one at a time), and each time a player drops an apple he loses karma, if you then try to drop all 10 or any number greater than 1, the event will only trigger once. If that makes sense.

4 hours ago, Gibier said:

This feature was added to the engine recently and will probably fix the issue https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/pull/2269.

Yeah I notice its a new feature, its a great addition :)

17 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Yeah its for stackable items. So just say I have 10 apples (stacked, as this works one at a time), and each time a player drops an apple he loses karma, if you then try to drop all 10 or any number greater than 1, the event will only trigger once. If that makes sense.

Yeah I have a feeling it's because it's a stackable item and I have a feeling that it'll work as intended if you made it not stackable

44 minutes ago, AisenArvalis said:

Yeah I have a feeling it's because it's a stackable item and I have a feeling that it'll work as intended if you made it not stackable

Yeah it does work when its not stacked. Ill just have to think of a way around it and hope the functionality gets added :P